Want to study Architecture

Discussion among students of architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design. Occasional contributions by lurking design professionals.

Want to study Architecture

Postby Shree » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:03 pm

Hi there
I am software engineer. I did my masters in computer science almost 10 years back. But I have always felt an inclination towards designs and build architecture, city planning etc. But i was not able to peruse my studies in Architecture earlier.
I'd like to study Architecture now so that make it my carrier eventually. Is it too late? How can I jump into this line now? Are their any institute in SF, Ca region that offer Evening or part-time courses in this line?
Shree

Postby ali » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:26 pm

I'm glad to hear your interested in architecture, but an idvice is, architecture is going to take all your time, and i guess everyone here agrees with me. so if your willing to give lots of things up and really focus on architecture, that might work out.

but another advice is. As long as its design and planing your interested in, have you ever considered "Interior Design"???

its not just easier, but you dont have to give up as much as you have to with architecture, studies are much less and simpler and it has all the fun of design with very less engineering and science??
ali

Postby Shree » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:09 pm

Thankyou for your repley
I completely agree with you about spending a lot of time and giving up lots of things. But i don't have a problem doing so.
The only reason I wish to study part-time is because I will need my current job to cover up my study as well as living expenses.

Also I have already considered Interior designing but would like to explore any other option or chance to study architecture
Shree

Return to Architecture Students Forum