FLUID ARCHITECTURE / KINETIC ARCHITECTURE

Discussion among students of architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design. Occasional contributions by lurking design professionals.

FLUID ARCHITECTURE / KINETIC ARCHITECTURE

Postby nasir_bakir » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:05 am

FLUID ARCHITECTURE
IM DOING A THESIS ON THIS SUBJECT
IT BASICALLY IS ABOUT DESIGNING A STRUCTURE WHICH BECOMES MULTI FUNCTIONAL, SUSTAINABLE BY STRUCTURALLY RE-CONFIGURING THE STRUCTUREIF
ANY BODY HAS ANY USEFULL INFORMATION REGARDING FLUID ARCHITECTURE THEN PLEASE DO REPLY

AN EXAMPLE OF STRUCTURALL FLUIDITY IS GLASGOW TOWER LONDON
ALSO MILWAUKEE MUSEUM HAS SOME USE OF FLUIDITY IN IT , IE, IN THE WINGS WHICH OPEN AND CLOSE TO SHADE THE HARSH SUNLIGHT FROM DIRECTLY ENTERING THE INTERIORS

IF ANY BODY HASNT UNDERSTOOD THE TOPIC PLEASE DO POST IN SO THT I CAN HAVE PROPER INTERACTION
nasir_bakir

thesis

Postby sravprasad » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:33 am

hello
i am an architecture student and am very interested in your thesis topic. i would appreciate if you could give me a few more details about it.
sravprasad

Postby Tomek » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:25 am

A chapter of my dissertation investigated 'Intelligent Kinetic Systems' i.e. Kinetic Architecture. So I can help you but you need to be more specific.

As a native of England, the Glasgow Tower in London seems a mystery. Are you talking about Neil Spillers project in the late eighties?
Tomek

Postby nasir_bakir » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:05 pm

sorry my mistake
im talking about glasgow tower scotland

im studying fluid architecture in terms tht the structure is structurally flexible and hence it can adapt to climatic changes space expansion
and sustainibility
it is some what similar to kinetic architecture

visit this link to see my poll
www.brandsberg.com/user/1011347/1

kindly provide me with any more information
nasir_bakir

Postby sravprasad » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:18 am

i was looking to do a reseach - forum abuse - design thesis study. so i was wondering what kind of a space i could design with kinetic architecture.
sravprasad

Kinetic Architecture

Postby KineticArchitect » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:18 pm

you might like this website with many examples of kinetic architecture
http://www.kineticarchitecture.net
KineticArchitect

Return to Architecture Students Forum