Professional opinions -- Syracuse vs. Tulane for M.Arch?

Discussion among students of architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design. Occasional contributions by lurking design professionals.

Professional opinions -- Syracuse vs. Tulane for M.Arch?

Postby Irv » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:53 pm

I am currently deciding between Syracuse University's M.Arch I program and Tulane's M.Arch I program.

I was planning on Syracuse, but just recently Tulane offered me a considerable academic scholarship -- thus the decision has just become complicated. I am curious of both students' and professionals' opinions of the respective programs, in terms of academics and professional preparation (and overal student satisfaction).

Obviously chilly Syracuse, NY versus wild New Orleans is a whole other issue, but basic student happiness is a concern of mine as well. I have not visited Tulane, but did visit Syracuse and know well of the reknown of the program. General information on Tulane's Masters program is difficult to come by because they do not appear in the top 15 rankings (though I put only some stock in rankings).

If anyone can offer any insights on either school or hopefully compare both, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks! :D

Postby Kevin » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:59 pm

Please note: Where to go to school is most definately a student issue.

Please post your question once, in the overall most appropriate forum.

Site Admin

Return to Architecture Students Forum