Multi storey tensile fabric structures

Discussion among students of architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design. Occasional contributions by lurking design professionals.

Multi storey tensile fabric structures

Postby stephenjkirk » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:01 pm

Am currently researching the use of fabric in tension to support a multi floored structure and would be grateful of any precedents or suggestions anyone might have

thanks

stephen
stephenjkirk

Postby rokdd » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:01 pm

i think it'S very interesting to develop something like that. i would use structur of module. the modules can be fixed with pillars. another idea are moveable modules, which are on a rail. the modules will be in different heights... Left or right of the rails have to be a kind og gangplank, so that peoples can entry the modules...
I hope you have understand my idea! Sry for my bad english!

Robert
rokdd

Return to Architecture Students Forum