McGill or Carleton?

Discussion among students of architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design. Occasional contributions by lurking design professionals.

Which architecture program?

Carleton
No votes
McGill
100%

Total votes : 4

McGill or Carleton?

Postby flicka » Mon May 04, 2009 8:05 pm

I've been accepted to both McGill and Carleton for the architecture program, and I'm having trouble deciding which one to go to. Does anyone have any suggestions, or experience that might help me choose? Thanks
flicka

Go To The University of McGill

Postby AirPort » Wed May 06, 2009 1:47 am

Hi you should definitely go to McGill it is a better University. In the 2007 University Rankings by Maclean's Magazine under the National Repetitional Ranking Category McGill University did a lot better then the University of Carleton. The National Repetitional Ranking is divided into four groups which are, Best Overall, Highest Quality, Most Innovative, and Leaders Of Tomorrow.

Heres how the Univerity of McGill Ranked out of 47 Universities

Best Overall: 2
Highest Quality: 1
Most Innovative: 6
Leaders Of Tomorrow: 4

Heres how the Universiy of Carleton Ranked out of 47 Universities

Best Overall: 35
Highest Quality: 38
Most Innovative: 36
Leaders Of Tomorrow: 28

The statistics prove that the University of McGill is A MUCH BETTER school then the University of Carleton.
AirPort

Go To The University of McGill

Postby Bluetooth » Wed May 06, 2009 2:44 am

Hello

You should definitely go to the University of McGill because it is a more competitive program to get into. University of Carleton only requires English, Advanced Functions and Physics, which makes it easier to get into then the University of McGill. University of McGill requires English, Calculus, Physics, and Chemistry which makes it hard to get into. I think the average to get into the University of McGill is also higher then the average to get into the University of Carleton. Due to the fact that the University of McGill requires more to get into, McGill's program must be harder and thus prepare you better for the working world.

I strongly recommend that you go to the University of McGill
Bluetooth

Postby Hello_1 » Wed May 06, 2009 3:01 am

Hi

Congratulations on getting into University. If i had to choice between McGill and Carleton i would go to McGill because there program is better. Unfortunately i did not have all the requirements for McGill. if i did i would have applied to their program.

I have applied to the University of Carleton but have not heard anything from them. Could you PLEASES post your portfolio so i can see what they wanted in the portfolio. It would mean so much PLEASES PLEASES HELP.

Thanks
Hello_1

McGill (architecture)

Postby xinni » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:14 am

Is it very hard to get a place in the architecture programme at McGill? How many places are available for inernational students? and I'm doing my second year of diploma in architecture at Taylor's, Malaysia. Do I need to complete three years of diploma first before applying? Can I have credit transfer? thank you.
xinni

Return to Architecture Students Forum