Please help with Architecture course application

Discussion among students of architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design. Occasional contributions by lurking design professionals.

Please help with Architecture course application

Postby dc90 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:39 am

So as a part of an application for an architecture course, I must submit a proposal for a design. But i'm just a bit confused over what I can design. Here's the brief...

So I was thinking of choosing a concert stage. From how I interpret step 1, I would get images off the net of different concert stages or of different architecural elements as research that would inspire my design.
It's step 2 of which I'm not exactly sure.. Would I basically be re-designing a pre-existing stage?? How would I go about that since the fundamental structure of all stages look pretty much the same?? Or am I misunderstanding what the question's asking for?

If anybody could help me out, it would be much appreciated!
dc90

Postby lekizz » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:13 pm

I can 100% guarantee that "Observation and Recording" does not mean "Google images off the internet"!! Suggest you find an actual place, somewhere you can visit and spend a bit of time analysing. The college is giving you a little taster of what you will need to do on a larger scale in the unlikely event you are accepted onto the course. An interesting exercise, no doubt meant to be quite challenging if you've never done anything like it before!

ANALYSE/MEASURE/RECORD -> INTERPRET -> CREATE
lekizz
millennium club

Return to Architecture Students Forum