Gallery in a hosptial project

Discussion among students of architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design. Occasional contributions by lurking design professionals.

Gallery in a hosptial project

Postby sl_jones » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:46 pm

Hi there, i'm not actually studying architecture, i am a graphic designer, but i thought that this is more your side of design.

The project is about a gallery being inside of a hospital, and that it travels around the country to different hospital.

My idea is to have a perspex cube that would be built in the hospital and the art would be contained withing this cube, it's symbolic of the patients being boxed in the hospital and not being able to escape. So i basically need a cube similar to the apple 5th avenue store and a mixture of Leonardo Glass Cube in Germany, but i am unsure on how it would be structured.

It will have no doors, so it must look solid, but it must also be dismantled so that it can be put up in a different hospital.

I'm sorry if it sounds difficult, i have asked some 3D designers and they say it's best to talk to an architect. If anyone could help i would be most grateful
sl_jones

Postby CaliforniaArchitectCE.com » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Check these out:

unibox.co.uk/Home

unibox.co.uk/images/photos/resize-2.jpg

I suggest looking into acrylics rather than glass.
CaliforniaArchitectCE.com

Postby lekizz » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:17 pm

Why not put your gallery inside an ambulance? That would certainly sort out the portability problem :)

To be honest, I'm not sure how a transparent cube demonstrates any creative input on your part. I'm not sure either that any hospital would want an artwork that likened them to a transparent prison!

What sort of art do you imagine wil be displayed in your gallery?
lekizz
millennium club

Return to Architecture Students Forum